Monday, April 29

We did it... And I'll do it again

My weekend is over and another Monday starts tomorrow. Mondays are such great days to start new with everything that I am working on in my life. Working out harder, eating better, reading scriptures more, praying more, being more patient with my kids, cooking more, cleaning more, spending more time with my kids, waking up early, and the list goes on and on.

I feel like every Monday I start over and hope that maybe this week I will master one or all of these skills. Yet every Monday that comes along I'm still in the same place I was trying to do more and better.

That is what this life is all about though isn't it? Trying to be better and wiser and kinder? Put off the worldly things and become closer to our Savior Jesus Christ? That is what I am really striving for each Monday and each day for that matter.

So tomorrow is just another Monday. I will eat better, I will work out harder, I will cook dinner, I will clean, I will do laundry, I will read to my kids, I will study more scriptures, I will pray more, I will be kinder to everybody around me, I will smile more, I will spend less money, I will worry less what others think of me and worry more about What the Savior thinks. Tomorrow I will be a better person than I was today.

Although I feel pretty good about the person I have been the last few days being a mother to eight children. I love my nieces and nephews to death and it was so fun to have them come and stay with us for four days. It indeed made me realize that I am very much fine with the three children that I have of my own. But we had a lot of fun and got a lot of things done. I am tired and I need a good pedicure!

























4 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

Just what I needed to hear this morning! I will be better! Thanks, xoxo

jayme said...

Can I send my boys over next weekend? :-)

Anna@Exasperation said...

When I grow up I want to be just like you.

emblair said...

You need to give yourself more credit. YOU are a rockstar!