Monday, March 23

Spring breakin it!

This year for the kids spring break we head down to Houston. We drove down together and the kids insisted on each making their own individual tent to over their seat. I don't know what it is about blanket tents but I hate them. Doesn't matter if we are at home or in the car I despise them. They are a pain to put up and they always fall down. Anyway, the kids did great and we drove down to Houston Friday great after school.

The next day we went over to main event to go do some bowling, the gravity course, some arcade games, and laser tag. The kids had a blast! It is so much fun to see all of our kids together. Between the two of us we have eight and each of us has kids the exact same age but of the opposite sex.







Our first night there we went to "taste of Texas" and it was delicious. It was this huge steakhouse and we have to wait for almost 2 hours to get our seat. While we waited we could eat popcorn, nachos, and endless drinks. Then after we sat down we actually went back to where their butcher was and got to choose our own cut of meat.  It was all delicious and so much fun.





One of the days I wasn't feeling very good and really was not in the mood to eat anything. Courtney got sick while we were there and threw up, it was probably a 24 hour bug. But even though I didn't ever throw up I felt sick for a good whole day. That day we chose to go out to dinner to this burger joint downtown. Everybody enjoyed their dinner, I had a bowl of chicken noodle soup which I barely touched. I hate being sick on vacation. Little Wonka got sick as well with a fever and throwing up all week. I feel bad that Courtney passed it along to anyone.


The day before Brian and my 10 year anniversary, we decided to go to the rodeo just as adults. It was so fun to walk around and eat some of that yummy food. Then the boys left and Emma and I went to the rodeo and stayed for the tim McGraw concert. I don't know how many of Tim McGraw's concert I have been to now but I love him every time! We had so much fun! Poor John was stuck with poppy who cried and cried for hours in the car. He's a good sport because I didn't feel comfortable leaving her with the babysitter. Whoops. That night Brian left and flew back to Dallas because he had to get back to work. I stayed down there because I had to work as well.






We went to an outdoor wildlife Farm zoo type place and we were able to buy big buckets of food and go around on kind of a tractor ride. You got to feed all of the animals which included llamas, emus, ostriches, and all sorts of crazy animals! There was even a petting zoo were three baby goats had been born that morning. Natalie was in heaven! 











I even got to take a day to go see my dear wonderful friend Whitni!! We have been friends for 10 years, she was the first friend I had when I moved to Texas! I love her so much and I am so grateful that we have been able to keep up our friendship. She has the most beautiful home and the most adorable boys.





I was really nervous for the drive home, but it was really fun. The kids were awesome and boots was exhausted from camping the night before and staying up after midnight. Poppy also did fabulous! She cried for a little bit but it really just cried her and boots to sleep. He is such a good big brother. He is so patient with her when she cries and he really has a way of making her calm down. It was about a 5 Hour Drive, that is the most I want to ever drive along with my kids! We had such a fun spring break! We love the Butler family and are so grateful that they are such good friends of ours! We always joke that we have for chances at marriage between all of our kids. We would be so lucky to have any of our kids marry into the family!! 

No comments: