Thursday, March 10

2 little ears

Nana came for a very VERY fast visit this week. She stopped in for a few days and is now gone. I wish she could come back and just chill with us. We always have so many things to cram into her stays that really we never get to just relax and hang out. Next time. Although Next time she will be babysitting my 3 crazy kiddos while we go on a relaxing vacation for our anniversary. Oh Nana, just move here!! She discovered something very special about Courtney while she was here. Her left ear is a little large and sticks out a little bit. We just thought she had special cute little ears, but mom pointed out that she has the exact same ear and it is missing a fold. We checked both of their ears and it is true, they have twinner ears!

We drove her to the airport this morning and Natalie, who has been really battling with her temper, was fine until we said good bye and shut the door. She bawled and bawled for 10 minutes straight. It wasn't a tantrum cry either, it was a sad pitiful cry straight from the heart. She loves her Nana sooo much! COME BACK!

Courtney will be 6 months on Saturday. She is almost sitting up by herself and is now holding her bottle all by herself. I hate that though because I immediately lose some of my time with her, little Ms. Independent!
I don't think this picture needs explanation, but here is the conversation that makes it funny...
in walks boots looking like this
Me:Boots Did you get into Nana's makeup?
Boots: No Its your make up mommy!
OK I thought the convo was way longer and it doesn't sound funny now but it was hilarious.
Nat and Boots love to play outside and they always play pretend. They get along well for the most part and this week and I peeked out at them to make sure all was well and no one had escaped or was laying tangled in the trampoline. I watched them play for a few minutes and they were darling, giving hugs, kisses, and dancing around as Prince and Princess!



So I picked up 2 new Books at the book store. What I wish I picked up was "city of bones" but of course children not only take up all of my time, but also my free time. I got "Temper your child's Tantrums" by James Dobson, and "Kids are Worth it" by Barbara Coloroso. Like I said, Natalie has been having a really really hard time controlling herself and we have spent 2 out of the last 4 days dealing with a day full of temper tantrums that will not go away, Power struggles, screaming, doors slamming, kicking, hitting, threats to me, and anything else you can think of. Obviously my way of dealing with her is not working so I am PRAYING that the books shed some light on my style of parenting. That girl has been special since the day she was born, and although I don't want her to lose her spunk, she has got to lose the tude!

1 comment:

lynne said...

I'm in Provo and miss you guys already!!