Wednesday, January 1

Missed it by a day...

Well the Holidays were a blast. We had tons of family in town and were going going going. I was wanting to publish this last blog of the year in time for the 2013 to come to a close, but here I am the next day. Noone cares but me, in fact I am pretty sure no one reads this but me! But I love my books and love them to be accurate!
Church was beautiful the Sunday before Christmas. It was a musical program and it was just so moving. Brian, Libby, and I sang in choir and Brian sang a mens song, libby and I sang a womens song and then libby sang in a trio. It was so wonderful and I cried and cried. I love our Savior and it was another wonderful year to remember his birth and the life that he lived. He was a king born in a stable. The miracle around his birth is incredible, before and after.
So Sunday was great! Then we hosted dinner that night at our house. Alfredo got us all blocked up to start the week!







 We hit up Main Event on Taylors birthday to celebrate and had a ton of fun. Natalie tried the gravity course, which is like a ropes course, but she was scared so we bowled the whole time, me nat and her. The rest all joined us after a while and the little girls, Carleigh and Courtney were best buddies.











 Hot tubbing and hanging out, Lots of laughs and more inside jokes, Newby with his new drink concoction, and jumping in the freezing pool. 14 kids and 10 adults made for a LOT of people!




 Then we did gingerbread houses, which really is such a waste of everything. Time, money, candy.. but the kids loved it and I did too... I made my own house. I couldn't help it!










 Then Christmas eve we did a doorstep ding dong drop Christmas for a secret family. It was so fun to shop together, all 24 of us, and then wrap it all and then deliver it all. The kids loved it and we were able to serve together.
Then it was back to Libby's house for Christmas eve dinner, bread bowls and delicious soup. Bells, Music, singing, and the nativity. Cousin gift exchange and opening jammies. IT was very overwhelming for me... all the people but it was really fun. Lessons learned, I am a horrible play director. I was in charge of the nativity and I was not organized or good... but in my defense, I was working with 14 kids. haha







 Christmas morning was so fun. We had the kids sleep in our room that night and Natalie took forever to fall asleep. 11pm I think. Bike, scooter, and a piano was what Santa brought and the kids were so excited. I really tried to cut back this year, as I talked about a few posts ago, and it was really hard right up until Christmas Day. Santa and me wanted to spoil them so bad, but we knew the budget wouldn't budge... and that they didn't need any more. I am so glad we went relatively small this year. They were so grateful for what they got and there isn't an overload of gifts laying around to be played with.









 Then I somehow forgot my camera at the Rawlins... but we spent the early afternoon hanging out eating way too many rolls and lounging on the couch. More wonderful presents and I stuffed my face with cheese ball, my holiday weakness. IT was low key, which was just what was needed.
Later that night it was back out with the Miller clan for dinner. I think that is all we do EAT.
Then the kids opened their gifts from Nana and Grandad. The girls all got American Girls, Nataile got her special Kit that she has been asking for. Court got a bitty baby, which she promptly named Dee Dee... her imaginary dolls name. She really wanted one with dark skin and she loves it so much!













 Pedi's were on the schedule. Poor Bonnie got sick and couldn't join us for the rest of the festivities but it was the best pedi. Jump Street, and parks and more play play play.








 Finally on the last day they were here, we headed over to the American Girl Doll store for some fun at the cafĂ©. Carleigh was celebrating her birthday and it was so fun to have everyone there to play and be girly! I wish I would have had one growing up, but sadly there was no such thing as Canadian Girl. But man, this store is sooooo adorable and big trouble for our family. The New doll of the year just came out and she is cute!











 

5 comments:

Anna@Exasperation said...

Fun holidays!! Let's hang out soon so we can talk about Courtney's new doll. I love that girl like a love song.

BrittanyB said...

Um, I read the blog! And I'm the same way about the books. I just love them. Happy New Year!

Alysha Sladek said...

I still read too ;) And I love the blog books!! They're fantastic!

Looks like an awesome Christmas. How fun to have so much family there.

Meagan Cooper said...

I love this post, and all the pictures!!! Looks like such a fun and magical xmas!!

Meagan Cooper said...

I love this post, and all the pictures!!! Looks like such a fun and magical xmas!!